Collections of Children/Young Adult Services
|Picture Books (JE)||Best of contemporary and classic stories to read to the very young; board books , concept books, books for beginning readers.|
|Easy Readers (JR)||For those just starting to read, two levels: blue label is easy; white labels is more challenging.|
|Fiction:||Classics, mysteries, science fiction, fantasy, romance, humor, adventure, sports stories, historical fiction, short stories and popular paperback series|
|Nonfiction:||Science and technology, religion, mythology, history, natural history, biography, sports, crafts, poetry, countries of the world|
|Young Adult:||Fiction and nonfiction dealing with the special concerns and interests of those in grades 8 through 12.|
|Reference:||Encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, almanacs, science & biographical encyclopedias|
|Books & CD kits:||Read alongs for the very young and beginning readers, special kits to assist older reluctant readers.|
|Magazines:||A wide variety of titles, including American Girl, Cobblestone, Owl, Sesame Street, and Sports Illustrated for Kids|
|Audio Books:||Listen to your favorite children's stories on CD while on the road.|
|DVDs:||Popular children's movies, television series and educational programs|
|Books in Foreign Language:||A sampling of French, Hebrew, Spanish and others.|
|Braille & Large Type Books:||For the sight imparied and visually handicapped.|
|Public Computer:||A.W.E early literacy station. Learning games for children ages 4 - 10.|
|Fairy Tales & Legends||Large collection of folktales from around the world|
|Friedrich||Scholarly history of children's literature available with advance notice.|
|Parent:||For caregivers to help them help children|
|Poetry||A large selection featuring both collections and individual poets|
|Professional:||Up-to-date innovative guides on topics of interest to school and public librarians|
- Any Teaneck Child who is five years old may register for a library card. A parent must accompany the child, and the parent is required to show a current driver's license or Bergen County I. D. showing that reside in Teaneck. There is no charge for a new card, but a fee is charged to replace the one that has been lost.
- Most books may be checked out for a period of four weeks. Holiday books high demand books and special collection materials are loaned out for two weeks. Other materials (including book, CDs, DVDs and magazines) are also loaned out for a period of two weeks. Videos may be borrowed for two week. Renewals are permitted if there are no outstanding requests for an item.
- The overdue fine for children's books is 10 cents a day.
- Your library card will be honored at all public libraries in Bergen County. Our Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), maintained by the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS), lists the holdings of these libraries.
- Requests and Reserves: We will try to obtain any book you request through our reserve system. Ask the librarian for assistance.
- A parent or other responsible adult must be in the library when their children are using the facility. Never leave your child unattended. There are no babysitting or day care facilities available. Parents are encouraged to help children clean up the area and to pick up materials when a visit has been completed.
- Please note that it is library policy that children under the age of nine must be accompanied by an adult to the rest room facilities.